Emerging Minds was commissioned to produce Understanding brain development by ARACY through the Thriving Queensland Kids Partnership (TQKP). The modules are one element of TQKP’s Thriving Kids Brain Builders Initiative. This initiative is being delivered in conjunction with the University of Queensland’s Queensland Brain Institute and other collaborators.
Many thanks to the core knowledge translation team:
Dr Sally Staton, Dr Sandy Houen, Dr Laetitia Coles, Dr Azhar Potia, Emily Westwood, Charlotte Casey, Bonnie Searle, Candice Oakes, Stephanie Robertson and Professor Karen Thorpe.
Michael Hogan and Dr Louise Baldwin
We would also like to thank the following people for their contribution and advice in the development of these modules:
- Sheryl Batchelor, Yiliyapinya
- Dr Kate Williams, PlayMatters Australia
- Lori Rubenstein, Kyabra
- Nancy Mannix and team, Alberta Family Wellness Initiative/Palix Foundation
- Rebecca Goodhue, ARACY
- Professor Simon Smith, Institute for Social Science Research
- Dr Liam St Pierre, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Jana Bodak, Family Consultant/Mediator
- TQKP Stronger Workforces Working Group
- TQKP Brains Trust Collaborative
- Emerging Minds’ Child and Family Partners: Jess CR, Vanya Libardi and Amanda Peters
ARACY would like to acknowledge the generous financial support for TQKP and this initiative from:
- Paul Ramsay Foundation
- Hand Heart Pocket
- The Bryan Foundation
- The John Villiers Trust
- Tim Fairfax Family Foundation.