Overcoming communication challenges to engage children webinar
Emerging Minds and Mental Health Professionals' Network (MHPN), Australia, April 2021
Develop an understanding of the strengths and vulnerabilities which influence the mental health of children with complex communication needs and practices that can support engagement and support of these children.
- Describe the key strengths and vulnerabilities which influence the mental health of children with complex communication needs.
- Discuss how communication difficulties in children can be interpreted by professionals/parents/family.
- Identify ways of engaging and supporting children with complex communication needs.
- Outline examples of practice which has allowed a strong focus on the mental health and social and emotional needs of children who experience complex communication need.
- Outline examples of practice that has helped parents to support their children to communicate their social and emotional wellbeing needs.