A Parent’s Guide to Anxiety and Depression
Beyond Blue, Australia
This online multimedia guide provides information for parents and guardians on anxiety and depression in young people.
'This resource aims to help [parents] understand anxiety and depression, in particular, how it affects young people, how you can help support young people through difficult times, and where you can find the right help.'
This guide provides information on the following topics:
- 'When should I be worried?'
- 'What is anxiety?'
- 'What is depression?'
- 'Why do people develop anxiety and depression?'
- 'Recovering from anxiety and depression'
- 'Supporting a young person'
- 'Support from health professionals'
- 'Managing other stressful situations'
- 'Looking after yourself and your family'