Updated course – Let’s Talk About Children
We are excited to let you know about several updates to the popular Let’s Talk About Children course.
- The structure of Let’s Talk has been streamlined, so that there is a separate module dedicated to each stage of the course:
– Introducing the Let’s Talk Approach
– The Preliminary Discussion
– Discussion One: Understanding the Everyday Life of the Child
– Discussion Two: Planning for the Future.
- The language has been changed to reinforce that the success of Let’s Talk in practice is based upon the approach/stance that the practitioner adopts.
- The Logs that are used to guide the conversation in Discussion One have been adjusted to allow a soft introduction and are no longer referred to as ‘Developmental’ but simply ‘The Logs’.
- A new section ‘Supporting Resources for Parents and Children’ has been added to outline the different methods of accessing the ‘How can I help my Child’ and ‘When your Parent has a Mental Illness’ booklets.
- A universal brochure enabling services to introduce Let’s Talk to parents has been developed.
- Design features in the course and the Guide for Professionals have been updated.