Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
Runtime 36:37, Released 9/9/19
In this episode, host Sophie Guy speaks with Dr. Sara McLean about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). Dr. Sara McLean is a registered psychologist and researcher. She has conducted extensive work to identify the role and impact of developmental differences and FASD in children in out-of-home care.
In this episode you will learn:
- Prevalence of FASD and the reason for its increase in recent years (06:10)
- How is FASD diagnosed? (12:28)
- What does effective therapeutic intervention look like for children with FASD? (18:33)
- What is helpful for practitioners to know about working with children with FASD? (25:46)
- What is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)?: https://emergingminds.com.au/resources/what-is-fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorder-fasd
- Systems and service supports for children and families living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
Visit https://emergingminds.com.au/resources/podcast/fasd-podcast/ for all links and further information.